You know what? No. No, I do not think that girl is as beautiful as the woman on the right. And before you social justice bloggers come stampeding into my askbox, wondering how I could be such a heartless, bitch- hear me out.
The girl on the left isn’t beautiful. The girl on the left does not have flawless skin, or blonde hair, or baby-blue eyes or a pair of double-d’s. What she is, however, is sick. And telling her that she’s beautiful as an attempt to comfort her? Is just plain cruel.
You’re telling her that she’s only redeemable when she’s beautiful. You don’t give a damn about her illness, no. You just want to sleep at night, thinking what a great person you are for lying to a little girl. Do you think that girl believes she is truly, in the eyes of society, beautiful? She doesn’t. And I dare someone to look me in the eyes and say she’s wrong. We all know she’s not beautiful, but we tell her otherwise, tell ourselves otherwise because we feel guilty and we think that, by “saving” this poor, ill child with false claims of beauty, we are better people because of it.
That girl is beautiful because she is fighting. She’s beautiful because she isn’t beautiful, not in all the physical ways we obsess over. She’s beautiful because of her personality- and that is why her’s is a life worth living.
Not because some stranger on the internet lied, and told her she’s “beautiful”.
oh my god thank you
reblogging for the above comment
Asked by Anonymous
I’m not sure, it’s been ages :(
Stages of Deterioration in the Human Body
The Moment Of Death:
1. The heart stops.
2. The skin gets tight and ashen in color.
3. All the muscles relax.
4. The bladder and bowels empty.
5. The body temperature begins to drop 1 1/2 degrees Fahrenheit per hour.
After 30 minutes:
6. The skin gets purple and waxy.
7. The lips, fingernails, and toenails fade to a pale color.
8. Blood pools at the bottom of the body.
9. The hands and feet turn blue.
10. The eyes sink into the skull.
After 4 hours:
11. Rigor mortis has set in.
12. The purpling of the skin and the pooling of the blood continue.
13. Rigor continues to tighten muscles for another 24 hours or so.
After 12 hours:
14. The body is in full rigor mortis.
After 24 hours:
15. The body is now the temperature of the surrounding environment.
16. In males, the semen dies.
17. The head and neck are now a greenish-blue color.
18. The greenish-blue color spreads to the rest of the body.
19. There is a pervasive smell of rotting meat.
After 3 days:
20. The gas in the body tissues forms large blisters on the skin.
21. The whole body begins to bloat and swell grotesquely.
22. Fluids leak from the mouth, nose, vagina, and rectum.
After 3 weeks:
23. The skin, hair, and nails are so loose they can easily be pulled off the corpse.
24. The skin bursts open on many places on the body.
25. Decomposition will continue until the body is nothing but skelital remains, a process that can take a month or so in hot climates, and two months or more in cold climates.
This is actually pretty interesting.
Important for writers…helps avoid either walking in and knowing someone died moments ago “from the smell” (unless that smell is piss and shit), or finding someone dead for a week that “looks like they’re sleeping.”
Reblogging for reference.
This is the single creepiest website ever and i love all of you
so i cleared my throat today and
and then someone poked me in the side so I laughed
and THEN I FUCKING SNEEZED
and that’s what it’s like being on the second day of your period
i hope this has been educational
This is so accurate it hurts my soul.
I have never seen something so accurate before
The male side of tumblr must be so traumatized right now
i was teaching my grandma to use computer so we can talk on skype and such but today she went kinda mad at me because “i didnt show her the knitting programme” and i was like what
and it comes out she accidentally opened ms excel and found out its a great way to create knitting patterns
my grandma is 82